24 May Teams Desktop – Citrix Full VDI Support Roadmap
Teams Citrix VDI roadmap is taken from Citrix Synergy TV – SYN211 – HDX: Its all about the user experience@ 21:54
- New media Engine. Not based on previous SfB RTOP (Real Time Optimisation Pack) RTME architecture.
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (CVAD) 1906 will be the first released to support Teams desktop and offload for A/V and Screen Sharing.
- Will be bundled with the Citrix Workspace App (CWA) – so no longer a seperate plugin as was the case with SfB HDX.
- Windows will be supported first then Linux, then Mac.
- Screen sharing offload included too. (SfB HDX didnt offload screen share)
- Microsoft support for Teams VDI/CWA will be released after the Teams VDI Tech Preview.
- Microsoft Teams Technical Adoption Program (TAP) ends in June, then Tech Preview begins.
- Control will be on a per user basis for enablement/management.
- Teams can be installed in the admin context into Program Files for administrative control
- Citrix uses WebRTC standard for call control/signalling to Teams
- Teams VDI Client will be bundled with teams by default so no need for seperate plugin.
- OPUS for audio and H.264 SVC for Video.
- CWA 1907 – Possibly early July
- CVAD 1909 – Q3 2019
- CWA 1910 – Q3 2019
- VDA 2003 – Q1 2020
- Long Term Service Release (LTSR) doesnt align with Teams. New features will not be back ported into LTSR release.
- SDWan support
Further information can be found here https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2019/05/21/citrix-hdx-optimization-for-microsoft-teams/
Citrix HDX Teams demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9AY9ULCyew